Enter for a chance to win* >
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. Void where prohibited.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- ELIGIBILITY. Subject to the additional restrictions below, Hawaiian Electric's Energy Challenge Sweepstakes (the "Energy Challenge Sweepstakes” or “Sweepstakes” is open to legal residents of the State of Hawaii who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry, unless local law prohibits entry or requires pre-registration or bonding. Employees of Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc. ("Hawaiian Electric”) and its subsidiaries, Maui Electric Company, Limited and Hawai’i Electric Light Company, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent company, Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc., Leidos Engineering, LLC doing business as “Hawaii Energy”, or any of their affiliates, subsidiaries, or advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
- HOW TO ENTER. The Sweepstakes entry period lasts for twenty-five (25) days which begins on Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 12:01 am HST and ends on Friday, November 4, 2022 at 11:59 PM HST (the “Promotional Period”) and involves the entry method described below.
The Sweepstakes will be administered by Hawaiian Electric Company and its subsidiaries as the Sponsor. To enter the Sweepstakes for a chance to win, go online to www.hawaiianelectric.com/EnergyChallengeSweeps (the “Sweepstakes Landing Page”) (Step 1) select a challenge option on the sweepstakes landing page, (Step 2) and enter your name, e-mail address, daytime phone number and Island where prompted. You can enter daily during the Promotional period. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void, as are entries that are illegible, garbled, incomplete or that contain errors. Connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply.
ADDITIONAL ENTRIES. Sharing Sweepstakes promotion: You will also be able to share the Sweepstakes promotion through your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn accounts from the Sweepstakes Post-Entry Page. If a friend enters by going to the Sweepstakes Landing Page from your shared link, then you will be awarded a bonus entry. There are no limits to the additional bonus entries through this method.
Individuals may also enter by submitting a notecard with the following information: “Energy Challenge Sweepstakes,” full name, contact number, and mailing address and postmark by Friday, November 4, 2022 to: Hawaiian Electric, Attn: Energy Challenge Sweepstakes, AL25-QO, P.O. Box 2750, Honolulu, HI 96840.
- WINNER SELECTION. On or around November 9 2022, Hawaiian Electric will select one (1) Grand Prize Winner and three (3) Runner Up Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- PRIZES AND ODDS. One (1) Grand Prize Winner selected in the Sweepstakes drawing will receive a prize pack containing a Google Nest Learning Thermostat, a Philips Hue Smart Lightbulb set, an 8qt Instant Pot, a smart power strip and a shower timer (approximate retail value of kit is $680). The three (3) Runner Up Winners selected in the Sweepstakes drawing will receive a Philips Hue Smart Lightbulb set, a smart power strip and a shower timer (approximate retail value of $225). Limit of one (1) prize per person. Any reference to “Google”, "Philips", "Instant Pot" and any of their affiliates and subsidiaries is solely for the purpose of describing the prizes and is not intended to suggest any affiliation or sponsorship. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the prize drawing. Winners will be chosen at random using a digital randomizer to prevent any human error.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE ACCEPTANCE. All winners will be notified at the email address or phone number associated with the Winner’s information provided at the time of entry. Award of the prizes is subject to verification of the winners’ eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor’s inability to reach a winner using the information associated with contact’s information provided with entry made through the Sweepstakes Landing Page (hawaiianelectric.com/EnergyChallengeSweeps), a winner’s failure to timely respond to prize notification, and/or a winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, result in that winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his/her interest in all prizes and the selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Prize Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), both of which must be returned within ten (10) days of the date of personal delivery or sender’s postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit and release within ten (10) days may result in the prize winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner.
- GENERAL RELEASE. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants release the Sponsor, Google, Philips, Instant Brands, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and their officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize or any travel, merchandise, or other goods or services redeemed with any mileage prize awarded (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injury, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
- CONSTRUCTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Hawaii, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Hawaii, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Hawaii. In the event that any dispute arises regarding the meaning or interpretation of these Official Rules, participants agree that the dispute shall be by and within the courts of the State of Hawaii and no other. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST REQUESTS. For a copy of these Official Rules (available starting October 11, 2022) or a winner list (available starting on or around November 9, 2022), send a request and self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Official Rules Request” or “Winners List Request” (as applicable), Hawaiian Electric, Attn: Energy Challenge Sweepstakes, AL25-QO, P.O. Box 2750, Honolulu, HI 96840.
- SPONSOR. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Hawaiian Electric and its subsidiaries, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes will be final and binding in all respects.
- NO ENDORSEMENT. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Google, Philips, Instant Brands, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. Participants understand that by using and interacting with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram’s social media platforms, that they are subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of those platforms. Participants should therefore review the applicable terms and policies for such social media platforms, including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Copyright © 2022 Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc.